1. Patient or a relative must fill up the Out-Patient Registration Form, then Patient Data will be transferred to OR Department to charge patients utilization.
2. Other procedures (eg. Laboratory, Radiology, Cardiovascular procedures etc.) will be charged on the designated areas itself.
1. All confined patients will receive progressive billing on a daily basis.
2. The progressive bill shall be received and signed on a separate monitoring sheet.
3. When confined patient reaches a balance of 10% on a Blue Tag status, a Blue Tag Notice is issued to the patient's relative for immediate update.
1. After operation, the Billing Assistant will process patients hospital bill.
2. PHIC Member, HMO Cardholder, Senior Citizen and PWD Discount will be applied.
3. Patient will be instructed to pay to Cashier Section and clearance slip must be issued after settlement.
1. Discharged Order will be forwarded to the Billing Section.
2. Billing Assistant will process the final bill and coordinate with other departments.
3. Billing Assistant will call the doctors for their professional fees.
4. PHIC Member, HMO Cardholder, Senior Citizen and PWD Discount will be applied.
5. Patient will be instructed to pay to Cashier Section and clearance slip must be issued after settlement.
Cut-off for hospital service utilization for discharge patient shall be at 12:00 noon only. One meal serving to patient means half (½) day charge for room. All charges shall be completed upon discharged.
Final billing shall be available one (1) hour after the receipt of Discharge Order. After payment and procuring clearance, patient should vacate the room two (2) hours after the final bill has been served.
If the patient requesting to extend his/her room accommodation, a prorated charge should be paid but management has the prerogative weather to retain the patient in the same room or assign to other room to accommodate other patient.
BILLING PROCESS CUT OFF:
02:00 PM - HMO Cardholder
04:00 PM - PhilHealth Member
08:00 PM - Cash Payee
Final bill for settlement can only be generated after a "May Go Home" notice from the ward nurse-on-duty. For DAMA (discharged against medical advice), the Billing Section receives a copy of the signed waiver that the patient will no longer pursue treatment at the hospital from the ward nurse. The billing staff generates a SOA after all the charges are documented which is forwarded by the billing staff to the ward nurse-on-duty.
The patient or his/her relative may settle the SOA at the cashier
within a maximum period of two (2) hours. The SOA is considered final and payable after the grace period.
All availments of admitted HMO patients will be generated using the same SOA. All needed documentary requirements should be submitted to the Billing Section before the SOA is printed, otherwise no PHIC and HMO claims can be processed.
Patients may opt to be under the services of non-PHIC doctor but no PHIC and HMO claim can be processed. Any balance outside of the HMO and PHIC shall be shouldered by the patient.
For other patient without HMO but with PHIC, the documentary requirements need to be complete otherwise PHIC will not process the claim. Any balance remaining after payment by any insurance will be out-of-pocket expenditure by the patient or his relative. No clearance may be issued by the Admitting Department until an official receipt is issued by the cashier for complete settlement.